www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: os-unixware/1249: 1.3b2 will no longer compile after running Configure and make (fwd)
Date Sun, 19 Oct 1997 02:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-unixware/1249; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: os-unixware/1249: 1.3b2 will no longer compile after running Configure and
make (fwd)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 20:30:40 -0600 (MDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 04:24:08 +0200
 From: Hans Snijder <hs@meganet.nl>
 To: "'marc@hyperreal.org'" <marc@hyperreal.org>
 Subject: RE: os-unixware/1249: 1.3b2 will no longer compile after running Configure and make

 -----Original Message-----
 From:	marc@hyperreal.org [SMTP:marc@hyperreal.org]
 Sent:	Sunday, October 19, 1997 2:34 AM
 To:	apache-bugdb@apache.org; hs@meganet.nl; marc@apache.org
 Subject:	Re: os-unixware/1249: 1.3b2 will no longer compile after running Configure and make

 >Does your OS have syslog at all?

 Sure... as did all versions of Unixware

 >Does a "man syslog" give anything?

 Here's the top of the man page:

  syslog(3G)                                                syslog(3G)

        NAME
              syslog, openlog, closelog, setlogmask - control system log

        SYNOPSIS
              cc [flag . . . ] file . . . -lgen [library] . . .
              #include <syslog.h>
              void openlog(const char *ident, int logopt, int facility);
              void syslog(int priority, const char *message, . . . /* parameters
 */);
              void closelog();
              int setlogmask(int maskpri);

 >There may be an extra library necessary to include to
 >get it.

 Yes, the above mentioned -lgen library does the trick...
 Thanks a lot for the hint :-) I just compiled it (with cc
 which is provided with all versions of UW, gcc is
 hard to find, so not everyone has it...)

 >If not, you need to remove #define HAVE_SYSLOG from the UW
 >section of src/main/conf.h.  If we can verify that this
 >is a general Unixware thing and not particular to your box,
 >this will be changed in future releases.

 It's a general Unixware thing, I've tried it on 3 different versions/boxes...
 uw 2.03, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 all need this Library.

 Best regards,

 		Hans Snijder

 PS. Great job so far, it's a lot faster and I really like the unbuffered CGI
 output!