www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Tim Luoma <luomat+apa...@luomat.peak.org>
Subject config/1250: tcpd-wrapper support; use /etc/hosts.(allow|deny)
Date Sun, 19 Oct 1997 01:16:12 GMT

>Number:         1250
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       tcpd-wrapper support; use /etc/hosts.(allow|deny)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical

I would like a compile-time option to use tcpd to deny or allow requests.

That would mean reading /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny (or other specifiable files)
for hosts where connections would be allowed or not.

Running httpd out of /etc/inetd.conf is not efficient, so I would like to run one daemon that
would check these files -- ideally on a `per hit' basis, so the /etc/hosts.* files could be
changed on the fly without having to restart httpd.

Thanks
>How-To-Repeat:
feature request
>Fix: