www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Srilekha Mudumbai <mudum...@george.lbl.gov>
Subject config/1235: LOCATION directive in config
Date Thu, 16 Oct 1997 01:00:32 GMT

>Number:         1235
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       LOCATION directive in config
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I am getting an internal server error

This is the difference I see
suppose I try to access https://server:port/~person
It should either show me a default html page or an index of listed files
But I notice this problem. It wouldn't work for the above, because it doesn't
have a '/' following ~person. This directs apache to go to

 table_set (r->headers_out, "Location",
                   construct_url(r->pool, ifile, r));

in handle_dir under mod_dir.c

This returns a code 301 for HTTP_MOVED_PERMANENTLY
which invariably leads to an internal server error
>How-To-Repeat:
sample URL

URL working https://server:port/~person/
URL not working https://server:port/~person   -- (not the missing backslash here)
>Fix:
May be if there is a routine available to deal with Location
I see some directive called LocationMatch in Apache1.3
But I use Apache1.2

Please let me know whether there is anything available. I couldn't see any fix in the bug
databas