www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Eric Liang <webmas...@digiweb.com>
Subject general/1218: 1 Apache process takes up 40% of the server load
Date Mon, 13 Oct 1997 22:31:42 GMT

>Number:         1218
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       1 Apache process takes up 40% of the server load
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Apache will start and run correctly.  After a few minutes, one process will begin to take
up huge amounts of processor time and around 4 times the normal memory.  The system does run
a lot of CGI, but the memory/processor would all be handled by the cgi process, I assume.
 These processes also take a long time to die.
http://www.insidetheweb.com
>Fix:
The only solution we have at this time is to run a script which checks to see if any httpd
processes are lasting longer then a minute.  The script then will restart apache if this occurrs.