www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/1216: Frames do not reload propper frame, but reload main frame
Date Mon, 13 Oct 1997 20:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1216; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: neal <neal@toby.valinet.com>
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: general/1216: Frames do not reload propper frame, but reload main frame
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 14:20:15 -0600 (MDT)

 On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, neal wrote:

 > Actually, it IS a server issue.

 It could be a configuration issue if you have your pages setup to not be
 cached when retreived from your Apache server, but that is a configuration
 issue and, as the bug report form clearly states, we can't deal with every
 configuration question from 600000 users.

 Perhaps you have your pages setup to be parsed as SSIs with mod_include?
 That means that no Last-Modified header is sent which means that the
 client has to reload them.  What it does when it does that is up to it.
 It is not a problem with Apache.

 > When I copy the HTML's over to my other server (Netscape Commerce Sever)
 > it works FINE.

 Then give a URL for that server.