www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Detlef Engelbrecht <detlefe...@aol.com>
Subject general/1212: htpasswd does not return a meaningful exit code if everything works ok
Date Wed, 08 Oct 1997 12:10:02 GMT

>Number:         1212
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       htpasswd does not return a meaningful exit code if everything works ok
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
htpasswd does not return a meaningful exit code if everything works ok, so it is pretty hard
to destinguish between success and failure.

A statement return(0) or exit(0) as the very last statement would be great.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
include a return(0) or exit(0) as the very last statemen

Date:Wed, 8 Oct 1997 18:49:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Garry Shtern <shterng@akula.com>
To: apbugs@hyperreal.org
X-Send-Pr-Version:3.2
Subject: general/1213: forking in cgi produces duplicate invocation of the script
Sender: apache-bugdb-owner@apache.org

>Number:         1213
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       forking in cgi produces duplicate invocation of the script
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
If I try forking within a cgi (perl script), the output displayed from the script indicates
that the cgi was executed twice.
However, removing the forking solves the problem.  Down/Upgraded the perl. Problem still persists.
Script works fine from a command prompt.
>How-To-Repeat:
write a little perl script that forks and have child perform a task such as
email back a user, and parent display an html. The output will indicate that
the script was invoked twice. Beware NS4 crashes in this case

Date:Wed, 8 Oct 1997 18:49:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Garry Shtern <shterng@akula.com>
To: apbugs@hyperreal.org
X-Send-Pr-Version:3.2
Sender: apache-bugdb-owner@apache.org

Date: 9 Oct 1997 13:35:18 -0000
To: shterng@akula.com, marc@taz.hyperreal.org, apache-bugdb@apache.org
From: marc@taz.hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: general/1213
Sender: apache-bugdb-owner@apache.org

Synopsis: forking in cgi produces duplicate invocation of the script

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Thu Oct 9 06:33:38 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
This is a bug in your script.  Please read all the big notices posted before
submitting a PR; this has nothing to do with Apache.

Somewhere your script has a bug in it.  It may not be flushing output
before forking, it may not be properly closing stdout in the child.
Post to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi and perhaps someone can help
you.  We don't have time to help everyone write their CGIs.