www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: general/1197: VirtualHost directives don't respond to all the IP's that a name might resolve to.
Date Sun, 05 Oct 1997 00:50:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1197; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: "Erik T. Brandsberg" <ebrandsb@shell.the-link.net>
Subject: Re: general/1197: VirtualHost directives don't respond to all the IP's that a name
might resolve to.
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 17:49:28 -0700 (PDT)

 On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Erik T. Brandsberg wrote:

 > The global servername is www.the-link.net with an IP address of
 > 209.12.240.129.  The virtual hosts are on various names, all of which
 > resolve out to 209.12.240.131 and 206.25.198.4.  The server's primary IP
 > address is 206.25.198.4.  Any ideas with this config?

 When you say the server's primary IP address is 206.25.198.4 do you mean
 that the ip address of the result of the 'hostname' command is
 206.25.198.4?

 And also just to be sure we're speaking the same terminology here, when I
 asked about the "global servername" I was referring to any ServerName
 directive appearing outside all VirtualHost directives.  The situation
 you're describing is exactly what would happen if you had no global
 ServerName directive.

 How about sending me your config files?

 Dean