www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Janice Philpott <jani...@nortel.co.uk>
Subject mod_include/1184: SSI's with parameters passed to script don't work with \\ as delimeter
Date Wed, 01 Oct 1997 10:10:01 GMT

>Number:         1184
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       SSI's with parameters passed to script don't work with \\ as delimeter
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I updated from NCSA 1.5.2 to Apache 1.2.4. In the course of doing so I found
that headers and footers on files generated by a perl script were no longer
working.

I found it was caused by the presence of the double back slash
at the end of the parameter lines, such as in the following:

<!-- BANNER HEADER FOR NGP PAGES>
<!--#exec cmd="/www/common/bin/cgi-bin/generate_part.pl \\
        project=ngp \\
        title=\"NGP Council\" \\
        author=\"A. Person\" \\
        email=\"aperson\" \\
        date=\"22 Sep 1997\" \\
        rev=\"\\$Revision: 0.4 $\" \\
"-->

The double backslash is necessary with NCSA.

Unfortunately, most of our web pages, of which there are lots, have this
format. Is there is a way around it, other than editing all the files?