www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: general/1181: Too many virtual hosts cause cgi scripts to stop working
Date Wed, 01 Oct 1997 00:10:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1181; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Charles Howes <croot@ics.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: general/1181: Too many virtual hosts cause cgi scripts to stop working
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 17:02:00 -0700 (PDT)

 Well I tried to avoid the need for that in 1.2.1 ... by using
 fcntl(F_DUPFD) to move all the log file and socket descriptors above 15.
 The code that does that should log (I don't think it does now) an error
 message when it can't ... 'cause that's when Apache does know you're
 probably close to trouble.  That'd make it only log once per reboot and
 impose no performance difficulties ... and probably be portable enough.

 Hmm.

 Dean