www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_mime/1164: PR 196: mime type for .xls does not come across correctly, all other no problem. (fwd)
Date Sun, 28 Sep 1997 17:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_mime/1164; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: bcronin@parker.com
Subject: Re: mod_mime/1164: PR 196: mime type for .xls does not come  across correctly, all
other no problem. (fwd)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 11:47:37 -0600 (MDT)

 On Sun, 28 Sep 1997 bcronin@parker.com wrote:

 > Thanks again for getting back to me.
 > What you really need is an example URL for a xls file on your server.
 > Does that mean I would need to give you access to the company intranet
 > because the URL is my host machine located within our firewall? We could
 > arrange for some form of access if required. What is an example URL.
 >
 > What do you have in your mime.types file for xls?  Have you restarted your
 > server after adding it.
 >
 > The Mime type is application/vnd.ms-excel in the browsers I run off the PC.
 > Is there a mime type setting required in the appache setup files or on the
 > Unix machine itself?

 I had assumed that based on your original message you had already tried
 adding it to the mime types file.

 On the server you need to either edit your mime.types file to have some
 mime type for xls files or use something like "AddType
 application/x-ms-excel .xls" to your config files and restart the server.