www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_mime/1164: PR 196: mime type for .xls does not come across correctly, all other no problem. (fwd)
Date Thu, 25 Sep 1997 14:20:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_mime/1164; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: mod_mime/1164: PR 196: mime type for .xls does not come  across correctly, all
other no problem. (fwd)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 08:18:26 -0600 (MDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 09:55:23 -0400
 From: bcronin@parker.com
 To: marc@hyperreal.org
other no problem.

 Hey Marc, thanks for the swift reply. Let me attempt to better define the
 problem. Microsoft Excel spreadsheets have the .xls extension.  When
 attempting to view from MS IE or Netscape the  file mime type is received
 from apache as text/plain. When loaded from a file it is received as mime
 type: application/x-msexcel. I have attached 3 bitmap files to further
 clarify what's happening. Please feel free to call me at 216-896-2826 if
 you wish. Again thanks for your help, we love the apache browser.