www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Hermann Hüni <hu...@glue.ch>
Subject mod_proxy/1166: ``nph-'' not honored (no buffering) for ProxyRemote mapping
Date Thu, 25 Sep 1997 06:50:01 GMT

>Number:         1166
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       ``nph-'' not honored (no buffering) for ProxyRemote mapping
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
We want to map some remote web-servers CGI's URL into the URL address-space of
a local web-server.
It seems to me, that using the mod_proxy module and the ProxyRemote
configuration statement is the best way to achieve this.

Unfortunately, the mod_proxy module does not turn off buffering despite
the ``nph-'' prefix to the remote CGI URL.
>How-To-Repeat:
See above.
>Fix:
Haven't looked at the internal apache architecture yet :-(

Maybe, there is another solution to our problem by using
another module of apache. But I don't know any other solution so far.

Any suggestions are welcome. Maybe this should go into the FAQ %3