www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Bob Cronin <bcro...@parker.com>
Subject mod_mime/1164: PR 96: mime type for .xls does not come across correctly, all other no problem.
Date Wed, 24 Sep 1997 21:30:02 GMT

>Number:         1164
>Category:       mod_mime
>Synopsis:       PR 96: mime type for .xls does not come across correctly, all other no
problem.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
All attempts to load and excel spreadsheet in Microsoft IE 3.02 or Netscape (latest released)
cause errors on the browsers (only type .xls) Ref: PR 96. If the file is ftp'd from AIX to
a PC and then access from the browser it works fine.
>How-To-Repeat:
I can provide an xls file to any email address and you can try it out.
>Fix:
I've tried various mime type variations without any success