www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From wi...@lynx.uio.no (Jon Wikne)
Subject Re: general/1119: Some transfers to distant sites terminate with graphics incomplete.
Date Mon, 22 Sep 1997 16:22:15 GMT
[ Lars.Eilebrecht@unix-ag.org ]

> Since you are using Solaris please try to tune the
> rexmit_interval of your TCP driver with the following
> commands:
>
>   ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_rexmit_interval_min 3000
>   ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_rexmit_interval_initial 3000
>
> Does it fix the problem?

Not entirely, I'm afraid, even though there would appear to be
some improvement in how frequently the problem occurs.

However, this measure increased _download_speed_ as seen from
remote sites dramatically, (three times or better) which is always
a good thing anyway. :-)

The increase in speed is there both with Apache 1.1.1 and in 1.2.4.
The "scalping" of parts of the transfer is still seen only when
using the latter.

[ Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com> ]

> In addition, be sure you have applied the latest patch cluster from Sun.

cheetah.uio.no is currently at 103640-12. No obvious difference.

Your efforts so far are greatly appreciated....

Regards,
-- Jon Wikne