www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Chihjen Chang <chih...@robin.iis.sinica.edu.tw>
Subject general/1132: Please add Squid-like log-rotate, shutdown, reconfigure command line syntax.
Date Sun, 14 Sep 1997 16:10:01 GMT

>Number:         1132
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Please add Squid-like log-rotate, shutdown, reconfigure command line syntax.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Squid (http://squid.nlanr.net/) is a very good proxy server.  In those
features of Squid, I think its "-k" parameter can be useful for Apache.
We can issue "squid -k reconfigure" to let squid re-read configuration
files.
"squid -k shutdown" to shutdown to squid process.
"squid -k rotate" to rename all current "*.log" to "*.log.1" and then
write the following messages to the newly created "*.log".
I think "-k rotate" is most useful to Apache since we can not delete Apache's
log files directly.
Please consider the chance of adding these parameters to Apache httpd.
Thanks a lot!