www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dan Hoogterp <dhoogt...@rtinews.com>
Subject general/1129: Hang on concurrent CGI invocations
Date Fri, 12 Sep 1997 18:50:06 GMT

>Number:         1129
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Hang on concurrent CGI invocations
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When we run a performance driver requesting a simple cgi page against Apache 1.3a1 / NT,
it runs fine when only one requestor is running.  If we run two copies of the requestor, the
apache server will hang (for all requests, even non-cgi) within a minute.  Once hung, even
non-cgi requests no longer get *any* response after a connection is established.   The cpu(s)
are relatively idle.

Requests that are non-cgi do not exhibit this problem.  The same CGI program under Netscape
Fastrack exhibits no problem with any reasonable number of requestors.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Not yet, we will investigate this further.  We are just posting this to ensure you receive
feedback on the alpha release.  Overall, we are very impressed so far and will likely recommend
Apache to our customers