www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <m...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Re: mod_log-any/1127: Log files for main server and virtual hosts are written with different UID/GID
Date Fri, 12 Sep 1997 16:42:49 GMT
Synopsis: Log files for main server and virtual hosts are written with different UID/GID

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Fri Sep 12 09:42:46 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
As I said in the newsgroup, the code creates all logfiles
as the user that Apache starts as.

Please show me the output of a "ls -ld logdir", where logdir
is the diretory your logfiles go in.

What user are you starting Apache as?  Not the one you
run it as, but the one you start it as.

As I said before, they should all be owned by the user
that starts Apache.  The problem is not how the virtual
host logs are being created but how the main server log
is being created.