www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mikael Willberg <tym...@uta.fi>
Subject mod_dir/1106: FancyIndexing vs. IndexOptions
Date Tue, 09 Sep 1997 13:30:04 GMT

>Number:         1106
>Category:       mod_dir
>Synopsis:       FancyIndexing vs. IndexOptions
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
NOTE: (global) does not appear on the real configuration. It
just means that the line is not inside any of the directives
like <directory>

FancyIndexing on (global)

<directory /muffa>
IndexOptions SuppressDescription
</direcory>

FancyIndexing directive overrides the options from
IndexOptions directive, so that only FancyIndexing option
is set. Ok, let's add another line to configuration

IndexOptions SuppressDescription (global)

Still the IndexOptions are overridden.

The only way to get it to work is to remove (comment out)
the FancyIndexing directive.

I wonder why there's is FancyIndexing directive in
the first place, the same thing can be achieved using:

IndexOptions FancyIndexing (global)

right ?

I think that overlapping directives are not so good idea
after all. So I propose that FancyIndexing directive will
get removed if the speculation earlier is confirmed to be
accurate.

Ah, one more thing, is it possible that this "bug" bite
the person who wrote PR#431...

Mig (who is not low on caffeine 8-)

ps. Why this textarea on www report-form is so damn small ?
    More lines, thank you.
-