www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rainer Scherg <Rainer.Sch...@rexroth.de>
Subject mod_proxy/1105: https via Proxy returns error message: "Can't find Server - Server has no DNS entry"
Date Tue, 09 Sep 1997 13:10:02 GMT

>Number:         1105
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       https via Proxy  returns error message: "Can't find Server - Server has
no DNS entry"
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Trying to tunnel https protocol via remote proxy fails (apache 1.3a1).

>>ProxyRemote https  https://proxy1.domain:8080

Brings Up an Error Messsage (Netscape):
    "Netscape cannot find the server '...'.
     Server has no DNS entry."

The https request is doing fine, if I'm accessing the remote proxy (firewall)
directly from my netscape browser.

Is this Bug related to #PR173? (using port 443 doesn't work either)

any https:// - request