www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-unixware/1082: SIGHUP causes web server to quit instead of restart
Date Mon, 08 Sep 1997 23:20:03 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-unixware/1082; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: David Alan Pisoni <david@cnation.com>
Subject: Re: os-unixware/1082: SIGHUP causes web server to quit instead of restart
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 16:14:24 -0700 (PDT)

 Sorry it's called "make_sock" I goofed, but you did get the right two
 conditionals.

 No SIGUSR1 should reopen the log files ... I use it a lot.  But see the
 caveat mentioned in htdocs/manual/stopping.html.

 Ok does adding -DNO_SLACK to EXTRA_CFLAGS and recompiling help?

 Dean

 On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, David Alan Pisoni wrote:

 > >Grr.  I wonder if UW has the same bugs that Solaris 2.5.1 does.  Try
 > >editing src/http_main.c, search for make_socket() and look at the SOLARIS2
 > >tests, change them to UW tests and rebuild.  See if that helps.
 > >
 > >Dean
 >
 > Hmm... I couldn't find make_socket in said source file.  I did change the two refernces
to SOLARIS2 to UW (one was an ifndef, one an ifdef)  No apparent change -- HUP still fails.

 > FYI, my log cycling script ran this weekend, and I checked this morning to find empty
log files again.  I though that sending SIGUSR1 would re-open the files, but I guess not.
 I guess that means I really need a working SIGHUP, no?