www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <m...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Re: os-linux/1087: Rogue process eating up all the available cpu cycles
Date Sun, 07 Sep 1997 03:33:10 GMT
Synopsis: Rogue process eating up all the available cpu cycles

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Sat Sep  6 20:33:09 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
As Dean says, this appears to be a Linux kernel problem.
Apache could handle it in a better manner, but doesn't because
the implementation of that would be quite difficult in the
current framework.

Try upgrading your kernel to 2.0.30.

If that doesn't help, I'm afraid there really isn't too
much we can do to help.  This problem normally appears only
on Linux and we have no reason to suspect it is caused by
a problem in the Apache code.