www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: suexec/1084: start-problem (fwd)
Date Sat, 06 Sep 1997 04:10:04 GMT
The following reply was made to PR suexec/1084; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Hans-Juergen Seekamp <sir@map_1.iae.tu-berlin.de>
Subject: Re: suexec/1084: start-problem (fwd)
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 22:01:02 -0600 (MDT)

 >  Many thank for your helps,
 >  the backround of my problems was :
 >  I have destroyed any dynamic links in an update-work from
 >  linux 2.0.27 to 2.030 and now the httpd from apache is running
 >  under http://map_1.iae.tu-berlin.de
 >  To first i have:
 >  Server version Apache/1.0.0.
 >  and i have not found the "lcok" -file over all harddisks
 >  then i get the apache src from www.apache.com and compiled this.
 >  (./apache_1.3a1/src/httpd)..
 >  As i see the same error-message, i think "lcok"-file is "lock"..
 >  please make this correct in the source-code or binarys...
 >  (sorry my language is bad)
 >  by for now hans

 If you are still getting the error about the "lcok" file in 1.3a1,
 then you are not running 1.3a1.  You probably have another binary
 in your path that you are running.  The "lcok" misspelling of lock was
 removed a long time ago, well before 1.2.

 Please try 1.2.4.  It is more recent than 1.3a1.  Be sure you are running
 the correct version.

 The version you are running may be looking for a /usr/tmp/ or /var/tmp/
 directory; one may be missing.  However, you should upgrade to 1.2.4
 since it has a better error message.