www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Gerd Kortemeyer <korteme...@nscl.msu.edu>
Subject protocol/1093: Problems with method=post
Date Wed, 03 Sep 1997 18:40:34 GMT

>Number:         1093
>Category:       protocol
>Synopsis:       Problems with method=post
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Release:        June 1997
>Environment:
DIGITAL UNIX 4.0c on DIGITAL Alpha Personal Workstation.

Happens in connection with some PCs and Macs and Netscape Navigator (to my
knowledge not with Communicator), and there only sometimes (don't you love it?)
I frequently have entries like this in my error-log:
[Wed Sep  3 09:51:32 1997] access to /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/lecture.pl
                           failed for c1holmes-mac-16.cl.msu.edu,
                           reason: POST or PUT without Content-length:
[Wed Sep  3 09:51:32 1997] request lost connection to client
                           c1holmes-mac-16.cl.msu.edu
After submission, the user gets a "Waiting for reply", but no answer. I really
need some help, I am not a UNIX-geek and feel kind of lost. THANK YOU!
>How-To-Repeat:
http://lecture.lite.msu.edu/
Username: mmp
Password: Physics
Class: phy231c
>Fix:
Sorry, I don't even have an idea what's going on..