www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mike Grommet <mgrom...@insolwwb.net>
Subject general/1083: pages taking a while to load in Internet Explorer 4.0
Date Tue, 02 Sep 1997 02:50:05 GMT

>Number:         1083
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       pages taking a while to load in Internet Explorer 4.0
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I've been using apache for quite a while as our local webserver.
I just recently upgraded to IE 4.0 and things seem to work as expected
except when I visit pages on our server, the entire page will load
flawlessly, but the page load indicator at the bottom of the window
keeps chugging away for about 5 seconds or so after the entire page is loaded.
At first I thought it was a problem with IE 4.0 but IE 4.0 doesnt do this with
pages that are offsite at all, so that points to something on my server config
but nothing like this happens with IE 3.02 or Netscape...

Theres no chance for lag here because this is directly on the network...
using IE 4.0, go to www.insolwwb.net