www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: protocol/1076: Apache doesn't http-equiv tags?
Date Fri, 29 Aug 1997 23:24:03 GMT
No, Apache should not.  Yes, that is part of the intent of the tags
(although I have never figured out the full logic behind them), but no it
is not a good idea and is evil and should not be supported no matter what
something says.  Evil.  Something MS would do.

The problem is that it requires the server to parse the body of the
document because the server is too dumb (unlike Apache) to support
settings things other ways.