www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: os-linux/987: PR 588 not fixed under Linux 2.0.30 kernel
Date Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:41:50 GMT
On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Mike Whitaker wrote:

> The following reply was made to PR os-linux/987; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
>  On 15/08/1997 7:54 am, Dean Gaudet said:
>
>  >If so it would be nice to find
>  >out if it's something that's apache's fault or if it's something that's
>  >the kernel's fault.  I really suspect the kernel.
>
>  So do I, to be honest:

Me three.  Alan Cox says it has to be Apache's fault, but what does he
know...

Apache certainly isn't handling the error as well as it should (if you
ignore all the little details like implementation), but I am suspicious of
what is causing the problem in the first place.  Apache does very little
with the socket after doing the listen().