www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Changed information for PR os-osf/463
Date Wed, 27 Aug 1997 19:29:06 GMT
>From the fingers of Brett McCormick flowed the following:
>
>This is still broken for DU4.0 as of apache 1.2.4 (haven't tried 1.3
>yet, I expect the same).  I am fairly certain this problem is in the
>DU4.0 header files.  Are there any plans to workaround this, or should
>I just expect on patching the source myself every time I download it.
>
>I'm quite surprised that it hasn't been fixed yet, but perhaps I have
>the wrong impression of the Apache Development Team.  what do I need
>to do to get you to fix it?

    Well, there was another update to this that it sounds like you
    didn't read:

>State-Changed-From-To: feedback-closed
>State-Changed-By: dgaudet
>State-Changed-When: Sat Aug 16 18:43:58 PDT 1997
>State-Changed-Why:
>I'm unable to reproduce these problems on 64-bit systems
>I have access to.  1.3 contains other 64-bit fixes.  I'm
>going to assume they fix this problem.
>
>Dean

    So please try against the latest version of 1.3.  If you still have
    these problems with that, let us know - if not, then the fix is in
    1.3.  1.2.* is in maintenance mode now, and won't be retrofitted for
    cosmetic bugs like compiler warnings (which this isn't, obviously).
    Also, please consider contacting Lars Eilebrecht (at email address
    <Lars.Eilebrecht@unix-ag.org>), since he builds our DU40 binaries.
    The two of you will probably have better luck tracking this down
    than anyone else.

    Thanx.

    #ken    :-)}