www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: suexec/1026: suexec seems to break ~userdir/cgi, same as in entry in CHANGES
Date Thu, 21 Aug 1997 03:30:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR suexec/1026; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Ed Jordan <ed@fidalgo.net>
Subject: Re: suexec/1026: suexec seems to break ~userdir/cgi, same as in entry in CHANGES
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 21:23:19 -0600 (MDT)

 On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Ed Jordan wrote:

 > On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
 >
 > > Synopsis: suexec seems to break ~userdir/cgi, same as in entry in CHANGES
 > >
 > > State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
 > > State-Changed-By: marc
 > > State-Changed-When: Wed Aug 20 20:02:06 PDT 1997
 > > State-Changed-Why:
 > > What do you mean "same as entry in CHANGES"?
 >
 > apache_1.2.3/src/CHANGES:
 > >Changes with Apache 1.2b4:
 > >[...]
 > >  *) Fix bug in suexec wrapper introduced in b3 that would cause failed
 > >     execution for ~userdir CGI. [Jason Dour]
 >
 > > What version are you upgrading from?  Were you using
 > > suexec before?
 >
 > 1.2b10, no.
 >
 > > What does the LOG_EXEC (as defined in suexec.h) say about
 > > the attempt?
 >
 > [19:03:48 20-08-97]: user mismatch (nobody)
 > [19:04:13 20-08-97]: user mismatch (nobody)
 > (repeated 119 times)
 >
 > Ah, I see a pattern there - forgive me, I can't find the docs for
 > it, what changes to the config (e.g. to the user that the web server
 > suids to) are required with this new suexec stuff?

 Well, that would probably mean you didn't read the suexec.h file and look
 at the HTTPD_USER setting.  It must be the same as the user Apache runs as
 (ie. that which is set in the main User directive).

 Docs are always available at http://www.apache.org/

 In this case, check http://www.apache.org/docs/suexec.html