www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Gobes <mgo...@ram.nl>
Subject config/1015: starting httpd reports : cannot open lock file
Date Tue, 19 Aug 1997 14:40:02 GMT

>Number:         1015
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       starting httpd reports : cannot open lock file
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
After upgrading from Apache 1.1.3 to Apache 1.2.1 the httpd doesn't start.
I use the same configuration files (httpd.conf, access.conf & srm.conf)
as with 1.1.3. The httpd reports:
% open: No such file or directory
Cannot open lock file

I checked if the access rights are OK for the httpd.pid file and the other
log files but the appear to be normal.

What do I wrong ?

With regards

Marc Gobes
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Improve the error messages so that's its clear which lock file gives
the problem and where it tries to open the file