www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: os-irix/998: serv's first request fine, then hangs on every (fwd)
Date Fri, 15 Aug 1997 18:00:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-irix/998; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: os-irix/998: serv's first request fine, then hangs on every  (fwd)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:56:29 -0600 (MDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:38:45 -0400 (EDT)
 From: Andrew Williams <andrew@edoc.com>
 To: Marc Slemko <marc@hyperreal.org>
 Cc: marc@apache.org, apache-bugdb@apache.org
 Subject: Re: os-irix/998: serv's first request fine, then hangs on every

 On 15-Aug-97 Marc Slemko wrote:
 >Synopsis: serv's first request fine, then hangs on every other request
 >
 >State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
 >State-Changed-By: marc
 >State-Changed-When: Fri Aug 15 09:25:25 PDT 1997
 >State-Changed-Why:
 >In what manner does it hang?  If you try to telnet to
 >port 8080, does it connect and then sit there or does
 >it not connect or do you get connection refused?

 telnet to port 8080
 GET /

 just sits there.

 >How many httpd child processes are running when the problem
 >happens?

 # ServerPool Information
 MinSpareServers 5
 MaxSpareServers 10
 StartServers 5
 MaxClients 150

 >Try recompiling with -DNO_SLACK added to your EXTRA_CFLAGS
 >(and rerun Configure, of course).

 Added -DNO_SLACK
 ./Configure
 make clean
 make

 Did not work.

 >Are you using the exact same config files for the two
 >versions?  (except possibly for the port number which
 >shouldn't matter)

 Yes.  Everything except for port.

 I am about to install the latest IRIX5.3 Jumbo Patch.  I'll let you know what
 the results are after that as well.

 ---
 Andrew Williams        Systems Administrator
 andrew@edoc.com        http://www.edoc.com/
 Voice: (410)691-6971   Fax: (410)691-6235