www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-ultrix/958: alloc.c and mod_dir.c have problems with incompatible pointer type assignment
Date Mon, 11 Aug 1997 16:00:09 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-ultrix/958; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Richard Tomkins <rtt@synapse.net>
Subject: Re: os-ultrix/958: alloc.c and mod_dir.c have problems with incompatible pointer
type assignment
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:52:38 -0700 (PDT)

 On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Richard Tomkins wrote:

 > cfe: Warning: alloc.c, line 852: Incompatible pointer type assignment
 >        fd = fdopen(desc, mode);
 >  ------------------------^
 > cfe: Warning: alloc.c, line 868: Incompatible pointer type assignment
 >    f=fdopen(fd,mode);
 >  --------------^

 You say you cast mode to (const char *)... but that's exactly what it's
 prototyped as.  No cast should be necessary:

 FILE *pfopen(pool *a, const char *name, const char *mode);

 Oh I know what's up.  conf.h is doing "#define const" ... which is
 probably wrong for more recent versions of ultrix.

 > cfe: Warning: http_bprintf.c, line 91: Long double not supported; double assume.
 >      long double  lDoubleArg = 0.0;
 >  ----^

 Yeah nothing worth worrying about.

 > cfe: Warning: mod_dir.c, line 772: Incompatible pointer type assignment
 >               (int (*))dsortf);
 >         ------^

 That's a pretty lame cast we do there.  (int (*)) is a (int *), not an

 None of this is fatal though, just generates warnings.

 Dean