www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@ntcorp.com>
Subject mod_mime/983: multipart/form-data unrecognized
Date Sat, 09 Aug 1997 01:10:02 GMT

>Number:         983
>Category:       mod_mime
>Synopsis:       multipart/form-data unrecognized
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I'm running a set of PHP scripts that run fine on older sites, but when run on a brand new
install of a recent Apache install (both 1.2.0 and today, 1.3a1), the scripts fail - passing
through the error message

"Unsupported content-type: multipart/form-data"

This is a two-part failure in that the HTTP 1.1 spec. requires that unrecognized multipart
subtypes be treated as multipart/mixed.
>How-To-Repeat:
try http://ne-arts.net/php/files/files.phtml, select any file for uploading, and push the
button - other things will fail since the script isn't fully installed, but the error message
will be generated as the first result of executing the form post
>Fix:
figure out why this stopped working from earlier version