www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Birnbaum <dav...@flatiron.org>
Subject Re: mod_auth-any/735: require user/require group step on each other
Date Mon, 21 Jul 1997 15:51:15 GMT
Brian,

The "satisfy" directive seems to work only on IP address/(user/group)
combinations, but does not fix the error for user/group combinations only.
Set up an .htaccess file as follows:

AuthType Basic
AuthName flatiron.org Statistics
AuthDBMUserFile /usr/local/httpd/.access/passwd.http
AuthDBMGroupFile /usr/local/httpd/.access/group.http
require valid-user
require group tech
require user davidb

If user davidb is NOT in group tech, he cannot authenticate to this area.
Putting in a "satisfy any" allows anyone to get in, as there are no IP
address restrictions listed.

In my mind, a user should be able to authenticate if the user is in group
tech OR is user davidb.

Thanks,

David.