www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mathieu Guillaume <...@niki.isdnet.net>
Subject Re: os-bsdi/889: Some URLs make the httpd process eat all CPU
Date Mon, 21 Jul 1997 09:18:01 GMT

Ok, I've found the problem, you can close this ticket.
The problem was the counter module (webcounter 1.1). It seems it couldn't
update the database for the newest pages, probably an internal limit as to
the number of references it can keep.
I've disabled it until I find a solution.

PS: A process eating 100% CPU does not stop other processes from serving
pages, but it sure slows them down a lot.
\     \  | ( '| \        _  |  |_____/ Mathieu Guillaume