www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: config/953: Migrating from 1.1.3 -> 1.2.1 breaks all my _NON_ virtualhost (ie main server) directives.
Date Thu, 31 Jul 1997 18:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/953; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
Subject: Re: config/953: Migrating from 1.1.3 -> 1.2.1 breaks all my _NON_ virtualhost
(ie main server) directives.
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 11:28:37 -0700 (PDT)

 On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, jason andrade wrote:

 > "Virtualhosts are broken in 1.2, either dont use them, or dont try and
 > use the main server, instead putting everything into Virtualhosts".

 Virtualhosts are also broken in 1.1.3, you just happen to not be tickling
 the problems.

 Are all your hosts ip based, and one of them has the same address as the
 main server?

 You can force Apache to disable all the name-based vhost stuff (which
 sounds like what you want) by putting "ServerName localhost" outside of
 all the vhosts.  That effectively disables the main server too.

 Otherwise, I need to know what your DNS resolves to for each of the
 virtualhosts, and for any ServerName directive in the "main server".  If
 you don't have a ServerName directive, then apache will do a
 gethostname(), so I need to know what your hostname resolves to.

 Dean