www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/954: Indexes option broken
Date Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:50:04 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/954; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Christian Gilmore <cgilmore@research.att.com>
Subject: Re: general/954: Indexes option broken
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 11:42:42 -0600 (MDT)

 On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Christian Gilmore wrote:

 > I'm including my access.conf file. I'm certain this option worked for me in
 > the past with 1.2b* and the same access.conf. I looked at the distribution
 > access.conf for 1.2.1 and it looks similar as well. It is my understanding
 > that configuration settings for the DocumentRoot apply to all
 > subdirectories (including user directories) unless they are specifically
 > overridden.

 Erm... /usr is not a subdirectory of /www/www/research.  A Directory
 setting for /www/www/research will not and should not impact /usr at all.
 The path on the web is not related to the path on the file system.  The
 Location directive uses the web path, the Directory one uses the file
 system path.

 > /www/www/research is our DocumentRoot as defined in srm.conf. For
 > historical reasons user accounts are under /usr.
 >
 > Regards,
 > Christian
 >
 > # access.conf: Global access configuration
 > # Online docs at http://www.apache.org/
 >
 > <Directory /www/www/research>
 > Options +FollowSymLinks -Indexes -Includes -ExecCGI
 > AllowOverride AuthConfig
 >
 > order allow,deny
 > allow from all
 > </Directory>

 If you want the above to apply everywhere, use something like Directory /.