www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject RE: os-solaris/888: SIGHUP won't restart EVEN WITH THE PATCH
Date Mon, 28 Jul 1997 21:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/888; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Larry Rosenman-CyberRamp System Administration <ler@cyberramp.net>
Subject: RE: os-solaris/888: SIGHUP won't restart EVEN WITH THE PATCH
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 14:03:50 -0700 (PDT)

 On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Larry Rosenman-CyberRamp System Administration wrote:

 > Does this mean I can't get more than ~120 Vhosts on Solaris, even with 1.2.1?
 >
 > Yech.  I really wanted more.
 >
 > Larry

 You can get about 240 if you don't use an individual Listen statement per
 vhost.  You can get far more (like 512+) if you don't use ErrorLogs for
 each vhost.  You can get a virtually unlimited amount if you don't use an
 individual TransferLog per vhost.  i.e. you could use a custom log format
 which logs the vhost as one of the fields and then split that apart
 outside of the webserver.

 Or we might discover another workaround.

 Dean