www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jack Stefani <j...@prc-wwwdevel.idap.indiana.edu>
Subject config/929: installation: conflict with previous version
Date Mon, 28 Jul 1997 19:10:01 GMT

>Number:         929
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       installation: conflict with previous version
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
situation: one apache server running, installing latest version for upgrade.

After compiling apache and attempting to run for the first time, apache
complains because it is by default looking at my current servers config
files(/usr/local/etc/httpd/conf).

although i'm aware there is a command-line option to tell apache where to find
config files. i think it would be better if apache looked first in a location
relative to the current directory.

this would help out both upgraders who are testing the install in a tmp dir
and most importantly naive users who simply want to get apache up and running.