www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jesper Holck <ho...@knold.ballehs.dk>
Subject config/928: httpd cannot start, apparently because it is unable to open the scoreboard file
Date Mon, 28 Jul 1997 15:00:02 GMT

>Number:         928
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       httpd cannot start, apparently because it is unable to open the scoreboard
file
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
After having done the usual configuration, compilation
and small changes in the *.conf-files, I tried to start
httpd - as usual with the command:

/usr/local/etc/apache/httpd -f /usr/local/etc/apache/conf/httpd.conf

This results in some 50 or so lines as follows:

Cannot open scoreboard file:
/usr/local/etc/apache/logs/apache_status: Permission denied

I have not had this problem with previous versions. I have now
started my 1.2 version of httpd with no problems, even though
I use exactly the same *.conf-files.

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
No