www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: config/917: Inconsistency in ErrorDocument result in different types of blocks
Date Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:10:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/917; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Brian Tiemann <btman@pacific.net>
Subject: Re: config/917: Inconsistency in ErrorDocument result in different types of blocks
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 14:04:59 -0700 (PDT)

 Well, if you don't specify an ErrorDocument within a vhost, it inherits
 the main server's ErrorDocument.  Even if you specify a <Directory>
 section outside of the vhost, it is merged into the vhost.  See
 vhosts-in-depth for some information on the merging.

 I suspect it's not a file/directory difference.  I think if you try creating
 a two level deep directory with the same properties you'll see the
 same behaviour for files/dirs beneath the first directory.

 Because of that I suspect there's another part of your config interacting
 with this ...  wanna try that experiment and tell me how it goes?

 Dean