www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: os-sunos/911: Included Spencer regex package wont compile (undefined macros)
Date Thu, 24 Jul 1997 18:30:03 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-sunos/911; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Pat Myrto <pat@rwing.com>
Subject: Re: os-sunos/911: Included Spencer regex package wont compile (undefined macros)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:23:28 -0600 (MDT)

 On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Pat Myrto wrote:

 > Very simply - the regex pkg failed to compile.  Everything is stock,

 I need the exact error messages from the compiler.

 > save the compiler, which is gcc.  I tried a make r in the regex subdir
 > to verify the lib, and that is where it blew up.  I tried it set up

 Are you saying you didn't just follow the instructions, but you started
 trying to make the regex library seperately?  That is the sort of thing
 that you really need to mention.  I can't magically know what you are
 doing.  If you have to do that before the problem occurs, you need to say
 so.

 Guesses at what causes the problem is are fine, but first I need to know
 what the exact problem is.

 [...]
 > The problem appears to be in the creation of the .ih files - mkh is not
 > run consistantly via the Makefile.  ESPECIALLY if a config error causes
 > the first compile attempt to not complete.  Then after the config is
 > fixed, it does not pick up the rest of the generated header files (one
 > .ih file present from aborted build  and the build restarted).

 You lost me.  What is this with?  The regex library distributed with
 Apache, or are you going on trying to use the original regex library?  A
 "config error" where?

 [...]
 > PS - when you extract the tar archive, it gives a checksum error.

 What is "it"?  Again, we love to fix bugs but we can not do so based on a
 description of them unless you provide an exact fix; we need the actual
 output from the actual attempt.

 Please unpack a fresh Apache distribution and send me a log of everything
 you do.  First try, just unpack it, run Configure and type make in the src
 directory.