www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rob Wygand <...@atlanta.usweb.com>
Subject config/909: Configuration does not handle spaces in filenames properly.
Date Thu, 24 Jul 1997 14:10:01 GMT

>Number:         909
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Configuration does not handle spaces in filenames properly.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I installed my server in \program files\internet applications\apache.
When I attempted to start the server with:
apache -s -f /Program Files/Internet Applications/Apache/Conf/httpd.conf

I recieved the same error message endlessly:
fopen: unable to open file
Unable to open config file: Progra

When I changed the config file directive to /progra~1/intern~1/apache/conf/httpd.conf
everything worked.

I then ran apache -i /progra~1/intern~1/apache/conf/httpd.conf. Apparently the -f
parameter is not passed to the service initialization, so the service did not
know where to look for the config files and would not start.

I remedied all this by installing in the default location... but it would be nice to
be able to install under Program Files.