www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: other/893: Authentication for CGIs not always working
Date Tue, 22 Jul 1997 04:40:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR other/893; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts@clark.net>
Subject: Re: other/893: Authentication for CGIs not always working
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 22:32:38 -0600 (MDT)

 On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Paul D. Robertson wrote:

 > On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
 >
 > > You say the requests are going through a proxy.  Please provide more
 > > details, such as how the proxy is configured, and what proxy it is.  Are
 > > you sure it's not the proxy that's messing things up?  Have you tried
 > > doing a tcpdump and analysing the transaction between the proxy and the
 > > server?
 >
 > I've tried it with both http-gw, and the Apache server configured in
 > proxy mode.  Both fail, and again not for every single transaction, but
 > reliably.

 It is possibly partly a proxy problem when going through a proxy.  This
 certainly looks to be the known issue I mentioned earlier.  If the proxy
 and server are both running Apache 1.2 on the right platforms it should
 work fine.

 Please state the exact setup of what version of what program running on
 what OS is being used for both the server and the proxy.  Is the problem
 that the Apache proxy causes problems or is the problem that accessing an
 Apache server causes problems.