www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: os-bsdi/889: Some URLs make the httpd process eat all CPU (fwd)
Date Mon, 21 Jul 1997 14:00:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-bsdi/889; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-bsdi/889: Some URLs make the httpd process eat all CPU (fwd)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 07:59:44 -0600 (MDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 11:18:01 +0200 (MET DST)
 From: Mathieu Guillaume <mat@niki.isdnet.net>
 To: Marc Slemko <marc@hyperreal.org>
 Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org, marc@apache.org
 Subject: Re: os-bsdi/889: Some URLs make the httpd process eat all CPU

 Ok, I've found the problem, you can close this ticket.
 The problem was the counter module (webcounter 1.1). It seems it couldn't
 update the database for the newest pages, probably an internal limit as to
 the number of references it can keep.
 I've disabled it until I find a solution.

 PS: A process eating 100% CPU does not stop other processes from serving
 pages, but it sure slows them down a lot.