www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-solaris/888: SIGHUP won't restart EVEN WITH THE PATCH
Date Mon, 21 Jul 1997 06:50:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/888; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Larry Rosenman <ler@cyberramp.net>
Subject: Re: os-solaris/888: SIGHUP won't restart EVEN WITH THE PATCH
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 23:45:46 -0700 (PDT)

 You didn't need to paste in all of your mod_info output... but thanks
 anyhow.

 I don't have access to Solaris/x86.  The patch works fine on my Solaris
 2.5.1/sparc test server.  So you're going to have to do some legwork for
 me.

 Start a vanilla apache server, use a minimal config, run it on some
 non-standard port... you don't want to do this with your live server.

 Once you have it started, cat /server_root/logs/httpd.pid to get the pid
 of the parent.  Then type this in one window (as root):

     truss -o httpd.trace -p <pid>

 Then in another window do "kill -HUP <pid>".  Wait for the truss to exit...
 it should exit.  If it doesn't then for some reason your httpd did
 survive the HUP, and you'll have to figure out why this minimal configured
 httpd survives HUP but your full httpd doesn't.

 Once it exits, mail me the httpd.trace file.  But don't mail it to me
 if it's over a few hundred k, I really don't expect it to be large.

 Oh yeah, and for a sanity check, what's the output of src/helpers/GuessOS
 ?

 Dean