www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From dgau...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: general/823: Files with ".map." in the file name are interpreted as maps
Date Sat, 19 Jul 1997 09:40:16 GMT
Synopsis: Files with ".map." in the file name are interpreted as maps

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: dgaudet
State-Changed-When: Sat Jul 19 02:40:16 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
I think this falls into the "don't do that" category ... unfortunately
Apache uses "." to separate components of the filename which
describe its content, encoding, and so on.  So you shouldn't use
"." unless you are indicating one of those things.

A workaround is to use "AddHandler imap-file .imap" and
rename your image maps ... or you could rename the .map
files that aren't really image maps.

There's really not a lot we can do in the server since we
need this meta information some way, and . is the way that
it's always been.

Dean