www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Bronder <David-Bron...@uiowa.edu>
Subject Re: os-aix/849: Serialized accepts (USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT) for AIX
Date Mon, 14 Jul 1997 14:49:03 GMT
Marc Slemko said:

> Synopsis: Serialized accepts (USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT) for AIX
>
> I am concerned about older versions of AIX like 3.x.  They
> will need to be investigated, and possibly seperated out,
> before changing this.

I built 1.2.1 under AIX 3.2.5 using USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT and
ran the server, configured with 4 Listen directives.  Running over
the weekend with a light load across all ports (~540 reqs/hour total)
for 3 1/2 days, I didn't see any problems.

I don't know if that's sufficient for the starvation to show, and it
isn't a comprehensive test of the server, but it does show that the
server appears to function alright with that #define.

--
Hello World.                                     David Bronder - System Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa