www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From William Vincent <wvinc...@cisco.com>
Subject general/844: Acrobat Plugin and Communicator
Date Tue, 08 Jul 1997 23:20:02 GMT

>Number:         844
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Acrobat Plugin and Communicator
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
There seems to be a problem with Netscape Navigator 4.0 and the acrobat
plugin when trying to view a byte served file.   The first page will
download correctly, but when you try to get the next page, the plugin
and navigator lock up.

Navigator 3.0 has no problems with byteserved PDF files. (works great, BTW)
I know that you look for certain headers from Netscape since they do
ranges in a non-standard way.  Maybe with 4.0 they changed the headers??

>How-To-Repeat:
Try byte serving a PDF to Navigator 4.0
>Fix:
Look at the headers from 4.0?%3