www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <...@unix-ag.org>
Subject mod_include/841: mod_rewrite keeps looping although the client closed the connection
Date Tue, 08 Jul 1997 15:10:03 GMT

>Number:         841
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       mod_rewrite keeps looping although the client closed the connection
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
ook at the following config (tested in a .htaccess file)

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule test\.html test.html

Well, yes it makes no sense, but I you access that test.html page
mod_rewrite starts to do weird things.
No output is send to the (waiting) client, no entries appear in the
rewrite.log (with level 10) and no entries appear in the error.log.
The httpd-child that accepted the request to the test.html page
immediately starts to consume memory and all available cpu-cycles.
After some minutes the process sucked nearly all available memory/swap
of the host.

The biggest problem is the fact that the child-process is not killed
when the client closed the connection... the process still continues
to eat all memory and cpu-cycles.