www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Amy Baum <...@stitch.com>
Subject general/836: httpd streaming does not work with the RealAudio 4.0 player
Date Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:20:02 GMT

>Number:         836
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       httpd streaming does not work with the RealAudio 4.0 player
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Http streaming does not seem to work. My web site is primarily RealAudio files.
I have encoded songs with the RealAudio 3.0 encoder (version 3.0.0.24) and I
have created an .RAM file for each .RA file and linked the .RAM file to stream
the song. It works when the client is using the RealAudio 3.0 player, but not
when using the new RealAudio 4.0 player. The error Apache reports is "send body
lost connection to client". The .RAM file is recognized, and the RealAudio  player
is launched, but after trying to call the .RA file, it reports an Error 19 "File
not found".

I'm not sure if this is an apache problem or a linux problem so I am asking
as many places as I can. So far I have found several people who have the
problem, all using apache and linux. One other was also having the same
problem trying to stream RealAudio files, but the other person was trying to
stream MPEG 3 files, and his MPEG 3 player was giving him the "File not found"
error, and apache logged "send body lost connection to client".

http://www.stitch.com/studio - this is my site